If you are planning to visit the city of Belfast in Ireland, it is wise to get your itinerary planned out so that you will not miss out on the top destinations there. To help you out, here are five of the top places to visit there that you must include in your list.
- Titanic Exhibit – This is an interactive exhibit that lets visitor have a feel of what it was like to be aboard the historic ship. The tour comes with a storytelling of what happened during that sea tragedy that took the life of hundreds of people. The 3D technology employed there will make you feel as if you are actually standing on top of the wreck.
- Belfast Cathedral – Churches are not just for the religious. Those who love great architecture would find this church to be a masterpiece with its Romanesque grandeur. The cathedral is a visual delight, inside and out.
- Belfast Zoological Garden – This will be a great stop, especially if you are traveling with your kids. This zoo, which is located in North Belfast, is home to a thousand animals of 150 different species. Aside from the animals, it also has great facilities and activities that will keep you entertained on your visit.
- Castle Ward – This castle is a sight to behold. You can see old machineries here that reflect how people lived centuries ago. The gardens and lakes around it make for an impressive landscape that you will enjoy for a whole afternoon, not to mention that there are gift shops here where you can buy great souvenirs.
- The Dome – This is located at Victoria Square and absolutely free. Just ride an elevator to get to the top and you will have a bird’s eye view of the entire city.
Remember to include these five locations when you roam around Belfast. There are still more to see there, like museums, theaters, and waterfronts, and there are different types of tours offered to visitors. Just do your research in advance so you can have the best of Belfast on your short stay there.